NCDS is committed to providing the highest possible quality service to our participants, employers, community and funders.
- Information, job search advice and career guidance for young people and adults
- An Employment Resource Centre that is open to the public
- Specialized employment services for unemployed youth, adults and students
- Workshops, including WHMIS & YWAP, First Aid/CPR, Employer Expectations, Customer Service, Interview Skills, Skilled Trades, Resume and Cover letter writing and Internet Job Search
- Placement Support Service for qualifying youth and adults
- Employer support services including referrals, assistance with hiring, training and orientation of new staff, and current Employment Standards information, etc.
- Training incentives (wage subsidies) for employers who hire qualifying youth and adults
- We will provide fast, friendly, professional - quality service
- We will listen and respond courteously to our customers and respect their wishes in a two - way relationship built upon trust
- There will be a staff member available to assist customers at all times in the Resource Centre during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday)
- Our goal is to answer the telephone by the 4th ring during business hours. If for some reason, staff are unable to take your call, a voicemail system will be available to leave a message 24 hours a day.
- Telephone calls will be returned within 24 hours. If a message is left for someone who is away, another staff member will return the call
- Case Managers will see people immediately (if possible). Alternatively, an appointment at a mutually convenient time will be arranged.
- Job orders from employers will be posted in the Resource Centre on the same day we receive them
Comments and Complaints:
- We actively encourage our customers to help us continuously improve our service. We invite feedback verbally, in writing, by mail or email to any NCDS staff.
- “Customer Satisfaction Response Forms” are available at the front desk and online at all times
- The NCDS staff member who receives a complaint will be responsible to take corrective action, to document the comp laint thoroughly and accurately and to inform the Executive Director. Any concern that is not addressed satisfactorily can be brought to the Executive Director.
- Initial responses to complaints will be within two business days, via telephone, email or regular mail, as appropriate
- We will make every effort to ensure that complaints are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- The only occasions on which these standards will not apply are when circumstances are beyond the control of NCDS